4.12.2005

When blogs die...should Dax get a royalty?

I was going through my useless little blogger profile (click on the me link on the right), clicking on my favorites to see who might like the things I like. When I clicked on Dax Johnson I had two realizations. The first was that it bugged me that only four other people listed Dax as a favorite.

I'm not surprised if you haven't heard of Dax. He's a self taught pianist that makes the piano do weird things. You think it's synthesized or there are instruments hidden somewhere. Until you see him live and watch him stick his arm under the piano lid...

The second thought was would I really blog for the forseeable future. My reaction, I guess, is yes. I may not do it as often as I would like, or should, but I'll probably always do it. It at least gives me the illusion that someone out there is listening to me rant about things...like damn people doing TCP and UDP scans on my ports. I've had 24 events in the last 90 minutes. It's pissing me off.

I guess I'll always wonder what will happen to those poor orphaned blogs. Probably nothing, at least until Blogger starts charging. At which point I'm sure they'll begin recycling those after a certain amount of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home